As much as Brad and I are not the romantic type, there is something I truly love about Valentines Day. It may be because the colors red and pink are two of my favorites OR the fact that I love dessert….BUT none the less I think that Valentines Day should be celebrated in some form or fashion! I’ve spent hours curating a collection of my favorite things for this season and some super cute Valentines theme apparel our family will be sporting on February 14th. I’ve also teamed up with one of my closest friends and Owner of Quick Fit Nutrition, Ashley Quick, to share with you her FAVORITE cheesecake recipe. If anyone follows Ashley via Instagram (@ashleyquickfit) you already know that she is an amazing cook so any recipe she puts out there we know will be a winner!
For Valentines Day this year I decided to book our family a staycation at a local hotel for an evening of water sliding, candy, and staying up way too late. Growing up, I always remember my mom and dad getting me a Valentines Day gift. I would wake up, come out to the kitchen for breakfast, and there it would be waiting for me 🙂 My dad was already long gone to work, but my mom would sit with me while I opened my present and we would share breakfast together. I loved this little tradition and have decided to pass it down to our kids as well!
In a time when most of our worlds have been completely turned upside down…I hope that on Valentines Day you find a way to spread a little LOVE <3
Here’s a list of some of my most favorite things for this season in both the apparel and home decor category!
Shop the above photos here:
#1. Blush Bench
#2. Hearts Onesie
#3. Red Top Knot Headband
#4. Kids Heart Face Mask
#5. Jillian Harris Heart Print
#6. Tassel Bath Mat
#7. Blush Tassel Pillow
#8. LOVE Jersey T-shirt
#9. Beaded Chandelier
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a medium bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press mixture into the bottom of a lightly greased 9 inch springform pan.
- In a medium saucepan, make the raspberry sauce by combining raspberries, jam, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch, and water. Bring to boil, and continue boiling 5 minutes, or until sauce is thick. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Place a baking pan filled with hot water on the lower rack of the oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small bowl, melt white chocolate chips with milk in microwave. Stir every 30 seconds for approx. 2 minutes or until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 1/2 cup sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in flour. With mixer on low speed, blend in eggs one at a time. Blend in vanilla and melted white chocolate.
- Pour half of batter over crust. Spoon 1/4 cup raspberry sauce over batter. Pour remaining cheesecake batter into pan, and again spoon 1/2 cup raspberry sauce over the top. Swirl batter with the tip of a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until filling is set. The middle of the cake should look dry but should still be very jiggley. Cool, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 8 hours before removing from pan. Serve with remaining raspberry sauce (warmed).